Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tangled Birthday party

The minute my daughter saw the movie " Tangled" She fell in love with it. She is so girlie and she loves all princess. She wanted a "Tangled party". I couldn't find a lot of items out there yet. So i decided to do my own.  I looked online for ideas. I used some of them, changed others a bit and added my own. I started two month in advance. I tried to do everything by hand as much as i could. It just feels more special.


Invitation:

I used purple card stock and fold it as a card. I cut the top as a triangle shape to resemble the tower. On the front , i cut a window and i glued a rock paper design (from the internet)on the whole thing to give a feeling of the tower look. Inside, i  also glued a rock paper design. The third page was my daughter's picture and the party info which as follows:

Once upon a time, in a beautiful tower, not far away,
the kingdom was summoned for a special day!
Please come, let down your hair and get tangled in fun for 
Anastasia's 7th Birthday!
Your presence is requested on (date and party info)
The back said "RSVP and my info". 

I braided a small yellow braid with yellow yarn and glued it as if it is coming out from the window in the tower on the front.



Decorations:

Our walk way to the house: My daughter drew with chalk on the ground  some yellow suns from the movie.

The Entrance door: I found a picture of Rapunzel peeking from another party blog. I added a braided yarn and "Birthday"sign on the door.  Here is the link for the picture.




Note: You will need at least 1 person to help you to do the braided yarn. I had my husband and my daughter helping me.  

Inside: I printed "wanted Flynn Rider " poster and placed it around the house.


In the back yard: 
- Banners: I cut purple card stock as triangles and glued  in the middle yellow sun from Tangled movie. Here is a link  for the sun template. And here is another one. If you don't want to do a lot of work and you don't mind using a lot of your printer ink,  Here is a ready made ones.
- I also did lanterns. Here is a link for a template for it, but i didn't use this one. I only used yellow card stock and glued purple sun  on it.
- I did a big braid made of yarn hanging out from the top and going over the table on the center .On the table, I made a TOWER. I used the template from here but didn't do the exact thing. I added my own creativity. This site has other things too, you might find interesting for your party.
- I made a corner saying "Tangled Hair Salon." with a table and two  chairs. I decorated it with small mirror, hair brush and confetti. This was for Rapunzel character later on.
- I purchased a Rapunzel Scenery for picture time. 





Games:

- I purchased from Oriental trading (item #IN-57/6095) , some lanterns  to paint them. Rapunzel loved to paint and she painted Lanterns on her wall. This was one of the activities. Every body loved it including the adult. This is site is very affordable.




- We also, did pin the pan on Flynn's face.  Here is the printable frying pans link. And here is the link for the poster. I drew it on a big card board though.



Notice Anna's hair?!! I did a braid with tinny flowers to represent Rapunzel's hair


- I also added a sign says "Tangled Art Studio" , and i hung braids from the top of it. At  the end of each braid, i attached a marker. Each child did a  hand print on it and the kids signed under their hand print and wrote a comment for my daughter. 


- Rapunzel Character came and did make up for the girls, face painting for the boys, played with them some games, did craft  and stayed to blow the candles on the cake with them. She is very good and affordable. I used her last year as well.

                                   Rapunzel lend Anna a dress                                   Make up time for all kids

                                                    Craft with Rapunzel


                                               Games with Rapunzel




                                     Blowing the candle with Rapunzel


There was another idea but my daughter didn't care for it very much and i thought it is more aimed to younger kids but i decided to share it with you guys, in case anyone likes it and want to use it. Basically use yellow streamers and tangle all the  kids together with it (as Rapunzel tangled Flynn in the movie). Also if you want activity kit, you will find it here.

Cake:



The cake was made by a friend of mine. She is very talented. I looked online for ideas and sent her a picture of what i wanted. Half was vanilla and the other half was Chocolate. The tower part itself took 5 hours from her. She did an awesome job. I can't thank her enough.




Party favors: 

I went and  bought small plastic pans from the dollar store. I filled them with necklaces, rings, brushes and bracelets for the girls. Telescope, horses, whistle, etc for the boys (the horse to represent the horse in the movie. I tried to stick to the theme as much as i could). I also made charms for them. Here is the link of how to do the charms. I found Rapunzel bookmarks online, so i thought that will be nice as well.

I put the pans in a transparent party bags and used publisher to do " Thank you for coming"  labels.
Girls party favor

Boys party favor

The kids had a blast. It was all worth it when you see the smile on your child's face.

Most of the kids (I had 24)


Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear what you think. I read every single comment and they make my day!

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job, like always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That party was amazing!! My children loved everything about it. I love how personal you always make it. My little guy still wears his pirate hat all the time. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you guys made it. I hope we see you in Aiden's party too. It is always great to hang out with you <3

      Delete
  3. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.
    Birthday Lawn Signs

    ReplyDelete