Monday, March 16, 2015

Candyland Party

Invitation:

I got the idea of the invitation from pinterest. Two card stocks and i used publisher to do this invite. Ribbon and cake pop sticks were purchased from Walmart. 

The invite says:


Youll love what
we have in store.
We think it will be just grand
If you come celebrated
Anna's 10th birthday in 
CANDYLAND 



The address, time and date was at the back. 

Here is the back card stock. Feel free to download it and use it. 

I  always like to do something in the entrance. So i made this sign and everyone thought it is really cute.

The stickers for the letters were purchased. Then i added my daughter's picture and created a lollipop. I played on words. Instead of "Welcome to Candyland". I did "Welcome to Anna land" , my daughter's nick name.

There were different colors of card stock all the way to the door and lollipops made of pool noodles.

The yard:

I wanted little figurines from candyland to be on my tables but i couldn't find them and what i found was too expensive. So i decided to make them. I purchased  Styrofoam balls from walmart, cut them in half and painted them different colors. Then I downloaded pictures of all the characters. Used paint-shop to print them, one regular and one like a mirror . Print, cut, hot glued them with a BBQ skewer in between. 







What's around the tables is just a candyland banner. 

I also added a small candy bar. 



Those candy decorations were made of pool noodles and wrapped with tissue papers. Logos were printed, cut and glued.

I did a real candyland game used different colors of card stock. The dice was made of a box and used the same card stock , cut and glued on the box.






Peppermint Forest:

Those were made of also pool noodles from the dollar store, duct tape from Home Depot and the curve was secured with fishing pole.  The circles were stickers taped on thick card board and cut. All were secured in the ground with BBQ skewers.

Lollipop woods:

Also made of pool noodles, duck tape around it. Then hot glued it. The stick is a dowel from Home depot and i sprayed it white. Then i wrapped it with cellophane and put a bow.


Gumdrop Mountains:

The big ones are made of thick card board. The small ones are sand bucks and sprayed with silver glitter. 

All signs are printed, glued on thick card board and cut.



Then they all got candyland tiaras and the boys got hats.



The next game was twister and i got it from Oriental Trading. 







I always like to hire a character for my parties. The load is less on me and i get to enjoy fellowship as well. 


Face or makeup painting


Some girls with the lollipop character




 This game is guess what candy it is:


 Candy says instead of Simon says


 Ring toss

 Making candy bracelets



The cake:

I ordered the cake plain and i decorated it with candy. The lollipops are candles.



Favors:

The party favors were purses, has tooth brush and before they left they filled the purse with more candy. For boys, it was candyland boxes.

After your big sugar rush, don't forget to brush brush brush

1 comment:

  1. Hey dear, this Candyland Party looks so adorable. The color scheme you chose for this party was so lovely. These colorful party themes are perfect for celebrating kid’s birthdays. I also used colorful theme for my nephew’s birthday party that I hosted at one of his favorite party venues Chicago.

    ReplyDelete