Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dora the Explorer Birthday Party


For my daughters 3rd birthday, she wanted a Dora party. She LOVES Dora. I started couple of month early, preparing and thinking of ideas. 

INVITATION:

            I made my own on the computer. I scanned a map from one of my daughter’s books. I used paint shop to change things. I added a clipart picture from the internet of a calendar showing the date and another clipart of a clock showing the time.  There were already a picture to a house full of balloons, I left it as it is. On the top, next to the map picture, I wrote: “If there is a place you want to go, I’ve got what you need to know. I’m the map, I’m the map, I’m the map. Anastasia is turning three. For details turn to me. I’m the map, I’m the map, I’m the map”. On the bottom, I put my daughter’s picture with Dora character, we took when we went to universal studio and wrote:  Come on vamanous, everybody, let’s go! Find your way to my fiesta! It will be fantastica! Map is here to show the way… to my birthday all the way. Then I printed it on Granite Cream color card stock.  I printed from nickjr.com, map’s eye borrows, eyes and month. Cut it and glued it at the back. I purchased a mailing tubes from eBay and rolled the map and put it inside and mailed it.

 

Decorations: 

we made the party in one of my father's in law RV parks(He owns 6) in the club hose. The place was not that pretty for a party but it was a lot of space. So i purchased the Dora scenery and some Dora table cloth and balloons. I also made big shaped stars, with different colors of poster board; put it on the floor, from the entrance door to the table. I gluedtiny stars inside Like the ones from Dora's show.








ACTIVITIES:

Since all the children that were invited were my daughter's age or younger, so I made the activities very simple and understandable for the younger age so everyone can participate and enjoy the time. I bought Dora’s piñata from Wal-Mart. It was the type that you pull the string, so it was so easy for the kids. Each kid tried and enjoyed it a lot. Once all the candy came out, everyone was like crazy. I gave them Dora’s bags to put the candy in.  I also purchased a big poster from allposters.com site. It was like $5.00 .It had Dora, Diego and boots picture with balloons and hats and the poster says “Supper silly fiesta”. I got foam board and glued the poster on it. Drew at the back puzzle shapes, and then cut it as puzzle pieces. I made it easy and big pieces so the kids are able to do it easily.  I also printed lots of coloring pages and activities from nickjr.com site. My husband has a binding machine, so I made a bound activity book for each child. I found on nickjr.com site a map page says” welcome to my bedroom” so I used paint shop and changed it.The first page was “welcome to Anastasia’s party” for the cover page. And the other was” Thank you for coming” for the back page. Also, I added Anastasia’s picture with Dora from universal studio in the 2nd page. Each child had his/her own book with a box of washable crayons.  

 



2 comments: